We don't usually decide a detailed itinerary beforehand because it always changes on the spot.
We will listen to your request, and start from one popular place.
We would suggest to visit some off-the-beaten-path temples.
Below are sample itineraries.
Indicated prices do not include admission fees, parking fees, etc.
- East side 4hours (price- 24880 JPY for a sedan, 26880 JPY for a mini-van)
- Fushimi Inari shrine`Sanjusangendo temple`Kiyomizudera
- Golden Temple 4hours (price- 24880 JPY for a sedan, 26880 JPY for a mini-van)
- Nijo castle`Ryoanji temple`Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion temple)
- World Heritage 6hours (price- 37320 JPY for a sedan, 40320 JPY for a van)
- Kiyomizudera Temple`Nijo Castle`Lunch`Golden Temple`Ryoanj
- East Side 7hours (price- 43540 JPY for a sedan, 47040 JPY for a van)
- Fushimi Inari`Sanjusangendo`Lunch`Kiyomizudera Temple`Silver Temple`Rengeji Temple
- West Side 7hours (price- 43540 JPY for a sedan, 47040 JPY for a van)
- Nijo Castle`Bamboo Forest`Lunch`Gioji temple`Otagi nenbutsuji temple`Ryoanji temple`Golden Temple
- Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Famous for the tunell formed by numerous orange gates, which is called Thousand Gates. The Actual number is more than ten thousand. We usually visit the main shrine and its inner shrine, getting through a part of the thousand gates.
- Sanjusangendo temple
- A Buddhist temple. Inside a 750 year-old building, you can see over one thousand wooden statues.
- The main hall is on the hillside of Mt. Otowa surrounded by beautiful nature. Famous for its splended scenery from the mountain. (The main hall is under renovation until 2020.)
- Nijo-jo castle
- Built by Tokugawa Shogun in 1603. Famous for its beautiful garden, murals, wooden carvings, and so called "Nightingale floor", which is old security system. Nobody can walk without making squeaky noize.
- Ryoanji (Rock Garden)
- You can see one of the most simple zen gardens here. The abstract garden provokes various imaginations.
- Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion)
- Originally built by a shogun in 1397. Second and third floor are covered with gold leaves. Present building was re-constructed in 1955.
- Rengeji temple
- Quiet small temple where you can enjoy serene Japanese garden having green tea.
- Gioji temple
- Small, but you can enjoy very beautiful moss garden.
- Otagi nenbutsuji temple
- See unique 1200 rakan statues carved by visitors.